- If you have a comment in your text- click on the highlighted yellow section and a floating Inspector Pane will open up
- You can choose to move to another section of the Inspector via the drop-down menu
- If you don’t have a comment- you can access the floating Inspector by the Menu Bar -> View-> Inspect-> choose your option
- Enter into compose mode on your main section
- On your other screen, click on the section you wish to appear in Quick Ref and then click the “Quick Ref” button
- Drag the Quick Ref pane over on top of your Compose Mode screen.
- Note: Quick Ref will only include a single document, it can’t show a ‘grouped document” (i.e. folder with sub-files)
Here is screenshot to illustrate what Compose mode with the Inspector box open looks like
Happy Thesis Writing!
Remember Scrivener has a free 30-day trial period. You can download Scrivener with an Education Discount via this link (Note: purchasing via this link gives me a commission about equal to the cost of a cappuccino)